Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sooooo close

Dropped the driveshaft this weekend to replace the center support bearing and guibo. The guibo probably didn't need it, but figured while I'm in there I should do it. Also plan to replace the shifter shaft seal and rear trans seal. Turns out the connector link on the driveshaft was loose, and the center support was sagging pretty badly, probably as a result of the loose connector.

While I have it off I also planned to do a complete shifter rebuild, as that's pretty much the only time you can get access to the bits needed to replace, when the driveshaft is out. Turns out the e28 shifter connector is different than the e30, which surprised me, so I had to leave it on jack stands and wait for the correct part to arrive. If I'm lucky it will be here on Friday (from BMA, they are super fast) and I'll get her on the road.

On the upside, it passed it's emissions test on the first try, which really surprised me. Cold start still isn't right, but other than that it seems to run ok, though in need of more tuning. Anxious to get it solid so I can drive it.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see some more pictures posted up when you get it out of the garage. I would also like to see the interior with those newer style seats.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete